Here, I am sharing my first Interview with all of you. I was really happy when I got the Interview request.
1) Hello Prabhat, Thanks for spending your time in answering the interview. Can you introduce yourself to our readers?
Thanks Shravan, for giving me this opportunity. Well, talking about myself, I am Prabhat Rayal, a simple guy who belongs to Rishikesh (Uttrakhand). I am an engineering student (3rd year) and a part time blogger and I love it.
2) Do you have any other blogs/website or online ventures apart from iEatTraffic?
No, I don’t have any other blog. Currently, I am working on iEatTraffic only and I am thinking about creating some new blogs but seriously I don’t have time. You know my life is super busy. Waking up at 8 then college from 9 am to 5 pm. I work for almost 3-4 hours a day on my blog. So it’s a tough schedule.
3) Kindly share your blogging journey
I heard about blogging in my 2nd year of engineering. And I was amazed to see that some guys in my college were making good money, so I decided to give it a try and invested some money. My first blog was geek4share.com. I did make many mistakes as a newbie but I learnt from those mistakes and I did not repeat them with ieattraffic.com. I did not make much money with geek4share but I learnt new things.
4) What according to you a newbie should do to establish a very successful blog online?
Well, a newbie should understand the basics first. They should read the articles of probloggers and they should apply those things on their blog. See, blogging is not like “immediate results”. It takes time to apply things and getting results. Same approach should be used with SEO.
5) Can you share some of the blogging mistakes you made during your journey?
Yeah, I made many mistakes. Seriously I was thinking about making money rather than providing good content. That was the biggest mistake I made. I did not take care of my content, I kept changing my site design and I did not make backlinks because I thought they are of no importance. These were some of my blogging mistakes.
6) Many newbie bloggers think that blogging is a sure shot way to riches and get rich fast. Please tell us your take on this.
Yeah, blogging is a nice way to earn money online but this does not mean that everybody will earn money with blogging. If you are dedicated to blogging and learning new things, providing good content to your readers- you will earn money but if you are blogging just for money then you will end up with nothing. Blogging takes hard work and dedication. It will give you so much pain if you are a newbie.
7) A lot of our readers are part time bloggers which makes them difficult to manage their blogs. Can you please suggest some tips for effective management of their blogs?
Haha…I am a part time blogger. So I work after my college time is over, in between 5-6 and at night 10-12. Sunday is my holiday because I do believe that health is the most important thing and we should take care of it. Don’t overdo anything otherwise it will cost you. So I suggest you to make a schedule and work according to that.
8) Do you have any role models? If yes please tell some of them.
Well, I have learnt a lot from many bloggers and most inspiring ones are harsh Agarwal of ShoutMeLoud, Ana Hoffman of TrafficGenerationCafe, Mitz who runs many blogs and Darren Rowse of ProBlogger.net.
9) Any advice for our readers?
InfoBhaiBlog.com is a nice blog and you are doing great. Well, you can earn if you have what it takes. It takes dedication and hardwork. Yes,making money online is dream of every blogger but your readers should be the first thing you should take care of.
10) Thanks a lot for spending time to answer this Interview. It will definitely help newbie bloggers/entrepreneurs and inspire them start their own business/blog
Thank you Shravan for featuring me on your blog. I never really thought that I would be featured on a blog, ever. Thanks
I am the Editor-in-Chief here because I am the only person managing it. That gives me the right to put that fancy title with my name.
On a serious note, I have created and sold many blogs till date; for monetary purposes, of course. I mean, it is not that hard, right?