I expectations from this film were very high as The Avengers was pretty good. I enjoyed the first Avengers even though I had some problems with that film. That movie had some great lines like “I am always angry” and some nice humorous lines thrown here and there. That’s, unfortunately, is not the case with Avengers: Age of Ultron. Most of the dialogues in this film are one-liners and the humor is wasted. Let’s talk about the positives of Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Read Also: Intersellar Movie (2014) Explained
Best Things About Avengers: Age of Ultron
- The CGI is really great.
- Action scenes are brilliant even though some of them are over the top.
- It’s still a good sequel to the Avengers.
- the movie gives us some hints about the next Avengers.
- It’s a great build up for Avengers: Infinity Wars
Now let’s talk about the problems with this film.
Read Also: Jurassic World Review (2015)
Bad Things About Avengers: Age of Ultron
- The first problem I had with this film is that there are too many subplots which aren’t relevant to the plot at all.
- Then the cliched story about a man building an AI for the betterment of people which turns out to be bad, and in this case REALLY BAD.
- Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch are thrown into the movie out of nowhere without any character development.
- However, The biggest problem I had with this film was HULK- Natasha romance. There was no chemistry between them and when did it happen?
Read Also: Mad Max: Fury Road Review (2015)
- Then suddenly we come to know that Hawkeye has a family.
- Ultron looked badass in the beginning but after the interval he didn’t seem like a big deal. Even fighting hulk looked more perilous than fighting Ultron.
- Quicksilver dies and we are supposed to feel emotional, but we don’t because his character is not given enough depth.
- Now, Scarlett Witch is given the single task to protect the machine. But No, she will not use her brain. She has to face Ultron so that someone can turn on the machine and kill humanity + How else will she be able to recreate the Lord of The Rings scene where Eowyn Kills the Witch King of Angmar?
- The climax brings back the memories of Iron Man 3 with so many robots flying in the sky. And sometimes you get a feeling that (I hate to say this) you are watching Transformers.
Avengers: Age of Ultron review
There are no memorable dialogues, nor the great moments which the Avengers had. All you get is 2:30 hours of mindless action with cool CGI. Most of the dialogues are one-liners. There is this one fight scene between Hulkbuster and Hulk which is GREAT (and perhaps the only scene where the humor works). So if you want to see some cool effects then go for it. It seems that it’s just a buildup for “Avengers: Infinity War” because in a scene Thor takes a dip into a pool to know more about Infinity stones which is really funny. 6/10 from my side.